- Key facts & figures
- Sanofi share
- Analysts / Vara Consensus
- Reports & publications
- Results & presentations
- Corporate governance
Annual General Meetings
- Our publications
- Being a shareholder
- Becoming a shareholder
- Shareholders committee
- U.S. investors
- Regulated information in France
- Get to know Sanofi
- Working at Sanofi
- Our Expertise, your future
- Join Sanofi
- Being our partner
- Understanding science discovering
- Developing and marketing innovative solutions
- Manufacturing and supply
- Empowering Life
- Healthcare Solutions
- Our approach
- Improving access to healthcare
- Working together
- Ethics and transparency
- Preserving the environment
You are here:
Patient safety is the primary focus of our quality, pharmacovigilance and counterfeit teams.
Our approach involves guaranteeing the quality of each phase of the product’s life cycle, from the earliest steps of development to the distribution of products to sales channels in compliance with regulatory requirements worldwide.
Sanofi’s quality approach is designed to ensure that we provide safe and effective products that are developed, manufactured, distributed and marketed in compliance with regulatory requirements and internal company standards worldwide.
Our quality systems are under the responsibility of the Global Chief Quality Officer, who has direct access to the CEO.
Learn more: Quality Management Systems factsheet
Pharmacovigilance: monitoring product safety
Sanofi’s Global Pharmacovigilance & Epidemiology (GPE) organization monitors the safety of our products worldwide: prescription medicines, vaccines, consumer health products, generics, and medical devices.
Pharmacovigilance helps determine the best conditions of use for treatments, and provides physicians, healthcare professionals and patients with comprehensive, up-to-date safety information, including potential risks associated with a product.
Fighting against counterfeit drugs
Safeguarding the integrity and traceability of our products and being a solid partner in the global fight against counterfeit medicines are essential for patient safety, and Sanofi has adopted a comprehensive approach:
- we have run our own dedicated anti-counterfeit laboratory
- we also actively support initiatives by public authorities:
- working closely with local authorities and professional organizations to educate the public and raise awareness about this growing phenomenon
- cooperating with law enforcement, customs officials, health authorities and other pharmaceutical companies in efforts to seize potentially harmful products and shut down clandestine production facilities and illegal websites that sell counterfeit
- acting to protect the security of the supply chain and developing innovative, high-tech solutions to safeguard the integrity of our product and to prevent falsification
Lear more: Fighting Counterfeit Medecines factsheet