Protecting and improving human health worldwide is our primary objective. Sanofi thus provides patients with one of the world’s largest ranges of vaccines for the prevention and treatment of diseases.
- Sanofi, with its vaccines division Sanofi Pasteur, is a world leader in the field of immunization with five major product segments: pediatric combination vaccines, influenza vaccines, booster vaccines for adolescents and adults, meningitis vaccines, and travel/endemic vaccines.
- Sanofi Pasteur’s activity is entirely dedicated to the production of vaccines. The company proposes a range of vaccines covering 20 infectious diseases. Sanofi Pasteur is present in the United States and Canada, as well as in Europe, where Sanofi Pasteur MSD assures vaccine commercialization in 19 countries. The company has also developed its presence in Asia, Latin America, Africa, the Middle East and in eastern Europe.
- In 2011, several vaccine projects within the product development portfolio progressed.
Our tetravalent vaccine for dengue is an example. Currently, there is no specific treatment for this disease, which is endemic in zones counting nearly 3 billion inhabitants. Other pipeline examples include a vaccine against Clostridium difficile, one of the primary causes of nosocomial infections, and a vaccine to prevent and treat pneumonia due to Pseudomonas aeruginosa, which presents in hospitalized patients under respiratory assistance.
The range of sanofi pasteur vaccines comprises:
- Pediatric combination vaccines and poliomyelitis (polio) vaccines:
- Pentacel®, Pediacel®, Act-HIB®, Pentaxim™, Tetraxim™, Imovax™ Polio
- Influenza vaccines:
- Fluzone®, Vaxigrip®/Mutagrip®, Intanza®/IDflu®, Panenza®, Humenza®.
- Booster vaccines for adolescents and adults:
- Meningitis and pneumonia vaccines:
- Travel/endemic vaccines:
- Hepatitis A, typhoid fever, rabies, yellow fever, cholera, measles, Japanese encephalitis, mumps and measles, antivenin serums.
1. For more information, please consult the Summaries of Product Characteristics for the products available in your country.