Sanofi is a global leader in consumer healthcare.
Since 2008, with targeted acquisitions, Sanofi has been implementing an important strategy of diversifying. Accelerating growth in consumer healthcare also involves regional development hubs in the US, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Latin America.
The Consumer Healthcare portfolio of Sanofi includes world-renowned brand names that assure a strong presence in pain killers, digestive disorder remedies and treatments for coughs and colds. These include:
Doliprane®, Magné B6®, Enterogermina®, Essentiale®, Maalox®, No Spa® and Lactacyd®.
To continue the development of this activity, Sanofi has acquired the following companies:
- LaboratoireOenobiol in France.
- Kernpharm in the Netherlands.
- Chattem in the United States. In January 2013, Chattem completed the acquisition of the worldwide rights to the Rolaids® brand from McNeil Consumer Healthcare Division of McNeil-PPC, Inc. Rolaids is an over-the- counter antacid that helps relieve heartburn and acid indigestion.
- Nepentes S.A in Poland.
- BMP Sunstone in China, who commercializes the leading brand of pediatric treatments for coughs and colds.
- Candem Pharma in Canada.
- Minsheng Pharmaceuticals Co. Ltd commercialize products in China, including 21 Super Vita®, one of the leading vitamins & mineral supplements.
- Universal Medicare commercialize brands in India, comprising a wide range of nutraceutical and lifestyle management products vitamins, antioxidants, mineral supplements and anti-arthritics such as Seacod®, CoQ10®, Collaflex® and Multivit®.
- Allegra® available over-the-counter for millions of allergic Americans.
- Today, more than 40 million adult Americans suffer from allergies. In January 2011, the FDA approved the over-the-counter sale of the Allegra® (fexofenadine hydrochloride) range of allergy treatments.
- Allegra® products are available in pharmacies, supermarkets and specialty shops at the start of the springtime allergy season.
- Allegra® was launched in Japan in November 2012.
1. For more information, please consult the Summaries of Product Characteristics for the products available in your country.