- Key facts & figures
- Sanofi share
- News & publications
- Events & presentations
- Corporate governance
- Our publications
- Being a shareholder
- Becoming a shareholder
- Shareholders committee
- US investors
- Regulated information in France
- Media Releases
- Our sites
- Corporate events
- Press events
- Access to healthcare
- Image Library
- Get to know Sanofi
- Working at Sanofi
- Our Expertise, your future
- Join Sanofi
- Being our partner
- Understanding science discovering
- Developing and marketing innovative solutions
- Manufacturing and supply
- Our company
- R&D innovation
- Our Products
- Our approach
- Improving access to healthcare
- Working together
- Acting ethically
- Preserving the environment
Well-balanced worldwide presence
As of December 31, 2011, we had a global sales force of 32,874 representatives: 9,866 in Europe, 4,866 in the United States, and 18,142 in the rest of the world.
Sanofi has a commercial presence in approximately 100 countries, and our products are available in more
than 170. Our main markets in terms of net sales are, respectively:
- Emerging Markets* represent 30.3% of our net sales. We are the leading healthcare company in emerging markets.
- The United States represent 29.8% of our net sales; we rank thirteenth with a market share of 3.1%.
- Western Europe represents 27.3% of our net sales; we are the leading pharmaceutical company in France where our market share is 9.9%, and we rank fifth in Germany with a 4.6% market share.
- Japan represents 8.6% of our net sales; our market share is 3.4%.
* We define “Emerging Markets” as the world excluding the United States, Canada, Western Europe (France, Germany, UK, Italy, Spain, Greece, Cyprus, Malta, Belgium, Luxemburg, Portugal, the Netherlands, Austria, Switzerland, Ireland, Finland, Norway, Iceland, Sweden and Denmark), Japan, Australia and New Zealand.
To find out more visit the section:
American Diabetes Association (ADA) 73rd Scientific Sessions 2013
June 21-25, 2013
Chicago, IL, United States - USA
Partnering press releases
March 25, 2013
- Sanofi and Transgene Announce Innovative Long-Term Collaboration for the Production of Immunotherapy Treatments