- Key facts & figures
- Sanofi share
- Analysts / Vara Consensus
- Reports & publications
- Results & presentations
- Corporate governance
Annual General Meetings
- Our publications
- Being a shareholder
- Becoming a shareholder
- Shareholders committee
- US investors
- Regulated information in France
Investor Relations Awards
- Get to know Sanofi
- Working at Sanofi
- Our Expertise, your future
- Join Sanofi
- Being our partner
- Understanding science discovering
- Developing and marketing innovative solutions
- Manufacturing and supply
- Healthcare Solutions
- Our approach
- Improving access to healthcare
- Working together
- Acting ethically
- Preserving the environment
- ‘LE HUB’ eMAG
Corporate Social Responsibility is built into our corporate strategy.
Announced in May 2015, the new External Affairs organization encompasses several departments: Corporate Social Responsibility, Government Affairs, Public Affairs and Advocacy, Global Policy, Global Market Access, Communication, Impact and Risk Management.
The CSR department is responsible for managing and integrating our CSR approach at every level of the company – locally, regionally and globally. Beyond the coordination, the CSR Direction also drives our strategy, develops awareness about CSR issues, promotes good practices across all our entities, and communicates about our initiatives to our stakeholders while engaging them to develop action plans that address our CSR challenges and improve our business performance.
Our four pillars form the cornerstones of our CSR approach:
Over 160 correspondents worldwide
One of the ways we accomplish our CSR goals is through complementary networks:
- The CSR Regional Network is made up of more than 60 correspondents from seven regions covering 80 countries where we operate. It implements, adapts and develops our global strategy locally and regionally.
- The CSR Functional Network includes over 100 people from all our corporate functions and divisions. It coordinates the implementation of our CSR strategy across all business activities.
Building CSR awareness among our employees worldwide
To help employees understand what CSR is about, we implement in-house communication tools, training programs and initiatives:
- We have developed an e-learning module for all Sanofi employees who want to learn more about CSR. It provides an overview, outlining our CSR strategy and giving real-life examples and key figures concerning each of our priorities. The e-learning module was launched in French and English in December 2015 and will be translated into other languages in 2016.
- Every two years, the CSR Awards recognize the best initiatives from Sanofi teams in providing creative solutions for the needs of patients, healthcare professionals, employees and other stakeholders.
Policies and management systems
Sanofi has a comprehensive set of CSR policies that support our activities. Our CSR approach relies on an internal framework and tailored management systems, which together enable us to act responsibly and ethically. These systems include training and awareness programs, quality controls and regular internal audits designed to monitor compliance and to drive continuous improvement.
Operating cycle of our management systems:
Recognition for our CSR performance
In recognition of our CSR performance, we were listed on the most prestigious global CSR indices in 2015, including the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI World) for the 9th consecutive year, the most widely recognized international sustainability indices among investors and the Dow Jones Sustainability Europe Index for the 1st time (DJSI Europe); the Climate Disclosure Leadership Index (CDLI) with a score of 99/100 in disclosure and B in performance; the Access to Medicine Index, on which Sanofi ranked in the top ten companies and the United Nations Global Compact (UNGC) where we reached the UN Global Compact Advanced Level.
For more information:CSR Report 2015
March 24, 2017
March 13, 2017
- Company sites
- Legal Notice
- Cookies policy
- Cookies settings
- Corporate Code of Ethics